Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Custom Speaker Box

Old 08-27-2011, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Speaker Box

Well I'm trying to figure out a good speaker box for my Trans am. I have 2 JL Audio 10w7's Lots of boom here.

I have a guy that has a box for the t-top area. Here's a picture of it.

This right here is gonna cost me about 600 bucks plus shipping. It wont be red though. I like the look and everything but I was doing some brain storming. Its also made from fiber glass.

Is it at all possible to take a stealth box like this

And extend the box to underneath the panels where the original back speakers are, they will be removed of course. Will a box like that be very effective and for a speaker of that much power to have the proper air space?

I'm just trying to think of a way to be able to use the trunk area for the T-Tops or other things. I want it to look clean and if at all possible hidden. Any ideas or know anyone that can possibly do that? Also if you have a nice speaker box custom set up or something close to what I'm looking for. I would really appropriate any help or pictures. I have invested a pretty penny into this system and I want to put a little more into it but not to much. I mean 600 dollars is a lot but if it comes down to it I will buy it. Just will ask for a t-top slot to be put in it.

(Please note that I'm trying to do two speakers. A speaker box for each side of the car. Its the only way to do it like that.)

Any help would be great.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Does it come with a sub

Unless that comes with the jl subs then that is way to much money I would check out kee audio he is a sponsor and his box isn't $600 he might also to put red carpet on it.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

first pic ain't working for me, i just ordered a t-top box from subthump. it looks awesome in my formula and cost me 292.00 including shipping.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

http://subthump.com/Pontiac-Sub-Boxe...T-top-Box.html
Old 08-27-2011, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Those boxes are much more less costly, but does kee audio do custom build boxes? Like the one I was describing?
Old 08-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Cool

Originally Posted by Blazen Fire
Those boxes are much more less costly, but does kee audio do custom build boxes? Like the one I was describing?
Contact him I am sure he can help you out
Old 08-28-2011, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

i talk to kee audio about a box that would allow you to use your t-tops. he said he could build one but it would be the same price or maybe even more. so I went ahead and ordered one from subthump, trust me u won't be dissappointed.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I'm trying to figure out a good speaker box for my Trans am. I have 2 JL Audio 10w7's Lots of boom here.

I have a guy that has a box for the t-top area. Here's a picture of it.

This right here is gonna cost me about 600 bucks plus shipping. It wont be red though. I like the look and everything but I was doing some brain storming. Its also made from fiber glass.

Is it at all possible to take a stealth box like this

And extend the box to underneath the panels where the original back speakers are, they will be removed of course. Will a box like that be very effective and for a speaker of that much power to have the proper air space?

I'm just trying to think of a way to be able to use the trunk area for the T-Tops or other things. I want it to look clean and if at all possible hidden. Any ideas or know anyone that can possibly do that? Also if you have a nice speaker box custom set up or something close to what I'm looking for. I would really appropriate any help or pictures. I have invested a pretty penny into this system and I want to put a little more into it but not to much. I mean 600 dollars is a lot but if it comes down to it I will buy it. Just will ask for a t-top slot to be put in it.

(Please note that I'm trying to do two speakers. A speaker box for each side of the car. Its the only way to do it like that.)

Any help would be great.
Could this be modded to fit an 87 TA? I have 6 speakers that I am installing in my car with dual amps, I dont have a sub. Should I get one? I can lose the spare wheel area and modify my plastic panel if needed. Thanks

Thanks
Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

If you want some boom in ur car, I would say yes. But thats all up to you. I love to have mega bass and drawing attention. So I wanted some big speakers. All in all man totally up to you. You will like it either way.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want some boom in ur car, I would say yes. But thats all up to you. I love to have mega bass and drawing attention. So I wanted some big speakers. All in all man totally up to you. You will like it either way.
I dont need the mega bass...I just like music to sound good...
Old 08-30-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I found them locally for 60 bucks - installs right in the t-top area lots of used ones around our sale section.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Like the boxes we are talking about?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Banned

I have a carpeted box similar to the Subthump one made for two 12"s. If you guys are interested I'll let it go for $75 plus shipping. PM me for pics
Old 08-30-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes exactly like the ones we are talking about, there are tons of subthump wannabe boxes with even more cubic ft area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Speaker Box