Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hatch speaker question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch speaker question

I'm thinking about replacing my hatch speakers with 2 Infiniti 4x6 speaker plates (mid and tweeter) that I have laying around, however I don't know how I should wire it. I've read the Monsoon FAQ, and it doesn't mention whether the mids are crossed over, and I'm not sure about the inline crossover for the tweeter (if there is one). The Infiniti speakers have one positive and one negative connection, so I'm assuming the crossover is built in. So would the best way to wire them up be connecting the stock mid wire to the Infiniti's so it gets the amplified power from the monsoon amp?

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by austin1224
I'm thinking about replacing my hatch speakers with 2 Infiniti 4x6 speaker plates (mid and tweeter) that I have laying around, however I don't know how I should wire it. I've read the Monsoon FAQ, and it doesn't mention whether the mids are crossed over, and I'm not sure about the inline crossover for the tweeter (if there is one). The Infiniti speakers have one positive and one negative connection, so I'm assuming the crossover is built in. So would the best way to wire them up be connecting the stock mid wire to the Infiniti's so it gets the amplified power from the monsoon amp?

Thanks!
Yes, you have it right. The filter on the tweeter is just a simple high-pass. The cone is getting full range from the monsoon and the tweeter is getting full range from the HU. You would leave the tweeter wires disconnected.