Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PAC SWI-PS programming...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PAC SWI-PS programming...

Maybe whitebird or someone can chime in here.. I know, the instructions aren't that hard (and yes, I searched) but... here's my problem.

When programming, I already programmed it to version 1. I'm trying to get it to "learn" the steering wheel buttons. I pressed the button on the PAC, then pressed and held the volume up. The light on the PAC took a few seconds and turned off, but didn't turn back on to program the next button. After a few more seconds it blinked 3 times, then once more to signal that the programming is done.

I already made sure it's connected to the dark blue wire in the harness, but still the same. The only thing I can think of, is maybe it isnt making a good connection there. I'm going to pull everything back out in a while to try again.

Anyone else had this problem?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes check your connections
this is the first place I would start
Old 09-16-2011, 06:25 PM

Hey, I've never posted on here before but I was having trouble with my programming -- the exact same problem -- when I pushed a button to program the red button on the PAC would take a long time then blink 3 times, then 9 times (for me) to indicate my version.

The solution for me was that I had missed a step in connections. I had missed where I needed to connect the blue/white (pin 19 for me) wire to the chassis ground. I missed this the first time because my aftermarket wiring harness did not have a wire coming from this pin. My solution was that I had to cut into the factory harness and then tap into the chassis ground from my aftermarket harness (where I also had to connect the black wire from the PAC). Problem solved -- programmed the first time and haven't had any issues since. Hope this helps
Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you were in the DFW area, I could do it for you.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

found the problem... it wasn't getting a good connection. better yet, it wasn't getting a connection at all.

I moved the blue remote wire to another pin on the harness, since I won't be using it right now.. to match the factory dark blue wire, so I didnt have to mess with the factory side.

Anyway, I didn't notice there was an extra spot for a pin on the aftermarket side, and mis-counted when I re-pinned it.

Quick Reply: PAC SWI-PS programming...