Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

fuse 10a etc??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuse 10a etc??

Ok, as I was reading and searching through some of the current post. I decided to check the fuses under the hood to see if the reason the head unit doesn't work is because of. A fusible link e which i had read being the cause of my similar problem. And when I got to the fuses closet to the headlights. I realized I had no fuse in the 10a etc slot, it was even missing one of the metal contacts. I never ever really looked in there for all the years i've owned her?? Just until know because I'm starting to tired of some of the more recent problems i'm having. With her, first draining out with a optima red top. I know most likely I will need a new battery from it discharging so many times. For a couple of years I just ignored it up until recently I decided to try and solve it by driving her more(29,250miles)??lol And removing the head unit which is probably shot from what WhiteBird00 said. To now were she just completely shuts down. Like there was no battery installed, were then I have to pop the hood. Why, I'm thinking because of the safety switch that prevents my car from being remote started while hood is open. I'm thinking this is not uncommon but rare to have a fuse missing and a contact also??lol I've searched but it doesn't seem this has happened to anyone else?

Last edited by Wing Zer0; 09-24-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Are you sure there was supposed to be a fuse there? Those under-hood junction boxes are somewhat generic and don't always use all the available slots in any particular model of car.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That didn't really cross my mind, first time ever popping it open.lol Actually because of your post in another post is why I did. Looking for the fusible link e?? Just to really solidify that it's blown and that my HU is still good. Thanks for the verification though. Just thought that might of been why it's doing it's the current symptoms aside from the HU.

Quick Reply: fuse 10a etc??