Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

A little over a grand to spend on a new stereo setup, plz help. Going for bass/rap

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little over a grand to spend on a new stereo setup, plz help. Going for bass/rap

I have a 2000 z28, basic stereo not monsoon. It is quite pathetic to say the least ): I have. Cracking on the passenger door speaker when I turn it up close to loud haha and I need to fix this crap!! I have a lil over a grand to start with, going for bass but nothing insane to where it takes away from the music, just want a good thumping stereo that I can turn up. Do you guys hav any suggestions at all of wheee to start? I know nothing about car audio! I want a new deck, amp, sub/s, just want it to sound as good or better thanthe monsoon, which I had in my formy and it sounded a whole hell of a lot better run this thing..lol and indont want to order, I'm driving to anchorage to go to best buy tomorrow so...
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shoot Kee and e-mail. He will take care of you.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I can easily take care of you for your budget as well.

608 568 3011
Dennis
Old 10-06-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously order from dennis at doubldemods will be way cheaper and way better product then shopping at worst buy
Old 10-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Ian Kee from keesaudio probably a good place to start. http://keeaudio.com/

had a chit chat with him over the phone and he seemed like a really nice guy. Of course I'm sure any of the ls1tech sponsors probably good.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Another vote for doubledmods.

Great service and products.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

I have 2 12" kickers cvrs and a 600 watt amp. These cars don't require that much with the hatch style. Dont over do it. My **** is to loud for me sometimes and I bought the whole thing off clist for 75$ with full wiring. Look into your options. Good luck.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

not to slagg any vendors here but Ive contacted both and its been quite some time now and have had no action yet...I know that they are busy and my sub purchase is not big bucks but I am dissapointed to say the least...
Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

I would pick either Kee Audio (1st choice) or Double D Mods over "worst buy". I put the basic Kee system in my car and it really made it sound great!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

What are good door speakers and rear side speakers for rap and solid clear bass
Old 10-18-2011, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

After you find what components you want, I would check eBay as well. There's lots of 3rd party vendors on there selling new items. I bought my head unit on there brand new, lowest price on the internet!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by mrrman
not to slagg any vendors here but Ive contacted both and its been quite some time now and have had no action yet...I know that they are busy and my sub purchase is not big bucks but I am dissapointed to say the least...

I have your info for your custom sub box in line to make
I am sorry I told you when we talked I am running 4 weeks out on orders for F Body stuff and close to 8 on Corvette and Viper stuff right now. Its been 20 days since your orignal email to me. I just had alot of orders in front of you that had to be made first. We make product for customers as its ordered and I do not make it a habit of bumping someone up in line with others waiting.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
After you find what components you want, I would check eBay as well. There's lots of 3rd party vendors on there selling new items. I bought my head unit on there brand new, lowest price on the internet!

Had a customer buy a Pioneer 930 on EBAY a few weeks ago to save 20.00
He got it and was promised the 100.00 rebate
Pioneer turned him down on the rebate(so now he is 80.00 higher than what we would have been) and now his radio is not working. HE called me asking how he can get the radio fixed. I told him to contact the place who sold it to him as I could not help him since we did not sell the products to him.
He told me they were not authorized dealers and there was no warranty on the unit from Pioneer since it was an EBAY sale as well.
So now he sets with a 575.00 paperweight having to either buy a new one or pay Pioneer to fix it.

This is not the first person I have had have this issue.

Just be careful when buying on EBAY with unauthorized dealers.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DOUBLEDMODS
Pioneer turned him down on the rebate(so now he is 80.00 higher than what we would have been) and now his radio is not working. HE called me asking how he can get the radio fixed. I told him to contact the place who sold it to him as I could not help him since we did not sell the products to him.
He told me they were not authorized dealers and there was no warranty on the unit from Pioneer since it was an EBAY sale as well.
So now he sets with a 575.00 paperweight having to either buy a new one or pay Pioneer to fix it.

THIS

Alot of that stuff is knock offs and refurbishments too.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DOUBLEDMODS

You're absolutely right about that. Only way to get the pioneer warranty is by buying from an authorized retailer. I forgot to mention that above.

I usually don't buy warranties on my stuff though, never had anything break that I couldn't fix myself (knock on wood). Personally, it was worth it to me to save a few bucks.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 AM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

JVC KD-R900 headunit with 5-volt pre-outs for $150. 15" RE SEx D-2 subwoofer with included sealed enclosure from AudioSource for $220. RF P500-BD class D mono amp with a birthsheet of around 700+ watts rms. RE Audio 6.5 Components for the front stage, $99. And for $84, RE Audio Xt V3 100w x 2 RMS @ 4 ohms amplifier.

Lets total this all up:

-----
$553

Add another $100 for two amp wiring kits, plus $25 for a headunit installation kit. Another $50 for miscellaneous ****, and you are freaking rocking for roughly $703!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

I run all Phoenix Gold mids,highs, and amps in my 98 camaro only thing not pg is my sub and it's an Alpine type R 10". The phoenix ti series sounds awesome and at a great price point. If you need any help picking you can call our shop. I'm not a vendor yet since I'm new to the ls car scene I suppose I should look into signing up.