Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aux Adapter for Stock Stereo Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Adapter for Stock Stereo Question

So I got an adapter to plug an auxiliary input into my stock head unit. This one apparently uses the same place that the factory CD changer would use to plug in. I got it installed and everything fit right, but I couldn't switch to the AUX setting on the headunit. I then found out that this particular adapter needs the factory CD changer to be running to be able to function. My car never had the changer so I'm left with the dilemma or either buying another more expensive adapter, which will work without the CD changer, or trying to find a way to make the stereo think that there is a CD changer present. Does anyone know a way to trick the headunit into thinking that there is a cd changer plugged in and functioning and would it be an easy thing to do (relatively that is) or am I better off just spending more on the other adapter?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

No way I've ever seen to fake a changer for the head unit. It's not just a case of having the changer electrically present on the circuit. The head unit actually communicates with the changer controller - if it doesn't get the right response it won't activate the auxiliary input.