Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
Old 04-28-2016, 07:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Install LT1 Bose Subwoofer in LS1 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install LT1 Bose Subwoofer in LS1 Camaro?

So someone just found a Bose sub-woofer in their garage and gave it to me.
all i found out its probably from a lt1.

so my question is i have a 98 Camaro with the cheap 4 speaker system, is there any way i can connect this woofer? just want to try and get a little bit of more bass not expecting anything crazy.

i know there are better options, but i got it for free and if all i need to do is run a few wires why not. if anybody knows what wires to connect/ splice into were that would be great thanks.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill tell you that if you can get it working you will have a nice system. Love the Bose System in my 96.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get onto my all-data and check to see if there are ANY wiring diagrams for the BOSE stereo system. I highly doubt that there will be one though, as the components for that stereo system were probably un-serviceable at a dealer and were more than likely just remove/replace items. I don't know for sure so if anyone with more knowledge on the subject can chime in at any time. I myself would love to have the sound that the sub in those cars would produce without having to take up alot of room by running a conventional sub-in-box w/amp combo. I like still being able to use my t-top cradle lol. With that being said I will go and look into it and see what I can find out. Thanks, Greg
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There are ways to do it but it's probably more trouble than it's worth. You'll need an adapter such as the PAC OEM-1 to convert the speaker signal to the level required, a low pass filter or crossover to limit frequency range to the sub, new wiring to handle the attached amp and common ground configuration, and of course installation. Then you'll have a sub that is marginal and not matched to your system for all your trouble (Bose speakers were matched to both the car shape and the head unit output).

A stealth box will give you better sound with easier configuration and no loss of trunk space (other than the cubby space on the left side).

Quick Reply: Install LT1 Bose Subwoofer in LS1 Camaro?