Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

JL XD700/5 amp, best price

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default JL XD700/5 amp, best price

Looking at getting this amp for my system. So far I have some jl components for the doors, jl 6.5'' subs for the sails. Still need to get a sub for the old thunderform box that fits on the drivers side. Crutchfield has them for $549.99 looking to see if there is a better place to buy. Any recommendations on a jl sub?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While not bad, you can get amps and subs that are as good or better for less money. Why are you set on JL? Save yourself a couple hundred bucks and get a Boston Acoustics GTA-1105 or a Kicker amp. For a sub, if you really want JL, then go with a W3 series for that amount of power. JL would not be my first choice of subwoofer even if they weren't incredibly overpriced, though.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonrage
While not bad, you can get amps and subs that are as good or better for less money. Why are you set on JL? Save yourself a couple hundred bucks and get a Boston Acoustics GTA-1105 or a Kicker amp. For a sub, if you really want JL, then go with a W3 series for that amount of power. JL would not be my first choice of subwoofer even if they weren't incredibly overpriced, though.

I agree
JL is makes some nice stuff but you can do more and better for less money
ARC
RE AUDIO
Even the Powerbass amps are pretty nice for the money are some amps I sell alot of and would recommend