Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Good System Idea?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 06:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good System Idea?

Well I've decided to put a system in my car. I'm goin with a lightwieght, good sound quality system. I have a question tho, can I swap out the 6.5 subs for 6.5 2 way coaxials? I'm goin to swap the front door speakers, but I think my 6.5 subs are blown. I'm goin to be putting 1 kicker l710 in the back. I dont really need the 6.5 subs now. If i have 4 6.5 coaxials, and then the sub, that will provide enough base. I have the monsoon and I'm goin to remove the speakers in the hatch. Any info or suggestions are appreciated. This will be a stealthy install. I'm getting the subthump millhouse box. I dont want anyone stealing my isht!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Back in the staging lane

Are you going to completely replace the monsoon; headunit and all?
Old 04-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Launching!

If you put coaxials in the sail panels and use the original wiring, you will only get bass out of the coaxials becuase of how they are wired. If you want full range out of those coaxials, use the wire from the hatch speakers. Not many people know this but the speakers that came in the sail panel aren't "real" subwoofers. They are pretty much just a midrange driver that only recieves low frequencies. So if you put a coax in there you will be dissappointed unless you rewire.