Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problems starting. All electrical is going crazy!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems starting. All electrical is going crazy!

I try to start my car today but after ignition, the car dies. I know my positive terminal is bad so put on a new terminal to try to start it but it has the same problem. I notice after it dies and I remove the key, all my gauges shoot up then go back down and when it stays down, the MPH needle slowly and softly hits where the needle rests for about 10 seconds. Also my security light go on for about 10 seconds and my check engine and service engine soon stays on, but those only go on only when I have this problem.

The battery is reading 12.7 volts off, and a little over 14 volts when the car is on, so hopefully it's not the alternator. I jumped my car using a jump starter and it turned on no problem, so it may be the battery? Still doesn't explain all the craziness with all the electrical inside the car. What could it be guys?
Old 12-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

I'd start with the alternator and take it to get tested. If the car cranks, the battery is fine.

Search this Thread