Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker Clicking/Ticking

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Clicking/Ticking

Ok, so I have been having this problem for about 3 months now, since I replaced the sound system. Had some problems with amps and head units.

My drivers side front speaker is producing a clicking/ticking sound. This sound is constant, it does not change with volume, it happens whenever the radio is powered. I currently do not have a 4 channel amp in the car as I am awaiting it to get back. So there is no power going to the speaker yet it still clicks.

I had the wire I ran tapped in to the stock wire to go through the door. I have cut the wires on the back of the radio so no signal is going from the HU. Is there an amplifier or a powered item between the HU and the speaker that would be sending power to that speaker? It is a non Monsoon car.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2012, 10:24 PM

how did you tap into the wires? did you cut the ends off then add more wire with connectors or did you just spice into them?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Well I fixed the problem, the place I took it to, because I couldn't get to the wires, decided to tap them, so I got in there and cut the side off that shouldnt be connected and all is good now.