Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Driver's door not unlocking?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver's door not unlocking?

So today while at Autozone getting spark plugs I noticed they had a tester for your keyless remote. It reminded me mine didn't work so I tried it, and nothing. So I figured dead battery, well the cause was I had NO battery at all haha. So all the functions on the remote work, except for unlocking/locking the drivers side door. Even the drivers side unlock/lock switch inside the car itself doesn't do anything on the drivers side as far as unlocking/locking, but applies it to the passenger side. So what do I need to start tracking down to see what's wrong? Thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

I assume that the door will unlock if you use the key on the outside of the door and manually unlock the the door from the inside? If so, it may just be a bad lock solenoid in the door.

You'd have to take the door panel off and peel back the rear part of the vapor barrier to get at it. Its attached to the inside rear of the door. I recall that there are two sets of wires going in to the unit. (Its been a while, so I may not be correct...) I recall one plug is for the latch sensor and the other is for the lock.