Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon Wiring Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon Wiring Questions

So my front speakers went out on my 2002 Camaro SS and I bought a pair of Infinity 62.9i 6.5" speakers to replace them. These speaker handle 75watts rms & 225watts peak @ 2 ohms. They are basically a coaxial setup with only one connection for the tweeter and mid. The problem is that I didn't realize the factory monsoon tweeter and mid were wired separately.

My question is where are the filters wired in for the speakers? I'm guessing that the filter is in the actual speaker which means I can hook the 2ohm wires running from the amp to the factory mid right up to my new speakers and get the full range of sound. Is this correct? Or is the filter wired in the amp which means I will only get midrange sound to those wires? Thanks for the help guys!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Looks like I'm gonna rip this thing apart and try my idea tonight if I don't get any input
Old 01-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

from the faq: Also, the door speakers are wired as components so you either have to buy component replacements or get coaxial speakers that can be modified to separate the wiring of the tweeters from the mids (or you can just install coax speakers and ignore the extra channel up front).

mid is a full range signal the tweeter signal is filtered....connect to mid wiring

Quick Reply: Monsoon Wiring Questions