Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

battery recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default battery recommendations

hey guys, i have a 2000 z and the battery quit on me when i had it stored over ther winter and its just not holding a charge. i have a full system in the car i have 2 12' kicker cvr's with a kicker 750.1 and a rockford 400.4 powering all my regular speakers. im looking for a really good battery thats gonna be able to supply the power for my setup, also have a 180 alt in the car as well. looking to see what some of you are using.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can anyone help me out?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd recommend the optima yellow top. It's a good battery for running lots of accessories.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yellow top is great for car audio, but ive always had trouble with chargers, trickle or regular, and on yellow tops. Kenitk is a car audio battery company they make killer stuff and ive never had an issue. the kenitk discharges slightly faster than a yellow top.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you plan on a main battery and a cap/audio battery in the rear, or just a single battery?

single battery it might be good to look at a yellow top. a main bat and cap/bat i would go with a red top and a kinetik hc600 or hc800.

not sure if you have 2 or 4ohm speakers running to the 4ch and i believe that amp is 100x4 @2ohm, 50x4 @4ohm. also not sure what ohm you're running the kicker at so dont know what full rms your system is running but im guessing around 1000-1200rms.

if possible, hook up a temp battery just to do a couple tests. start up the car, turn on the lights, and a/c to max. put on a song with a lot of good bass and crank it up as high as you plan on listening to it.
do you get any dimming at high bass parts? with the 180amp alt i dont think you will with the power you're running. if not, you could go with a red or yellow top (red if you want the extra cca, yellow if you plan to run the system a lot with the car shut off, draining and recharging the battery a lot). if you do get dimming, think about a red top and a secondary dedicated to the audio.