Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Other switched fuses than Radio? 01 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other switched fuses than Radio? 01 Z28

Hi guys,

Are there any other switched fuses than the radio fuse in my 01 Z28?

Reason I ask is because I have my shiftlight connected to the radio fuse which needs to be a switched source, it being the only one I could find.

However my radar is also wired to a fuse (non-switched) and I cannot find another fuse that is switched so when I turn my car on the radar will turn on.

This is my goal. ^^

I tried wiring them both to the radio fuse and the shift light flickers so it must be drawing not enough power for the two.

Are there any other switched fuses in the fuse box that I just do not know about or just as easy solutions that I am not aware of?

Thanks guys your info is appreciated
Old 04-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

There are three extra ports in the fuse panel that GM put there for adding accessories without tapping into existing circuits. They look like half a fuse slot (just one flat blade connector instead of two) and are labeled BATT (constant power), IGN (ignition switched power), and ACCY (retained accessory power - like the radio).
Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
There are three extra ports in the fuse panel that GM put there for adding accessories without tapping into existing circuits. They look like half a fuse slot (just one flat blade connector instead of two) and are labeled BATT (constant power), IGN (ignition switched power), and ACCY (retained accessory power - like the radio).
Thanks man thats perfect! Btw do you happen to know if there is a certain size for that one blade that fits in to the port there so Im not goin in and out of the hardware store lol Thanks again!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It's a standard 1/4" flat terminal connector often called a "quick connect". You can get them at any auto parts store or even Walmart.

The color of the insulation will vary depending on the gauge of wire you use.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
It's a standard 1/4" flat terminal connector often called a "quick connect". You can get them at any auto parts store or even Walmart.

The color of the insulation will vary depending on the gauge of wire you use.
Thank you very much sir. I really appreciate the informative timely responses

Quick Reply: Other switched fuses than Radio? 01 Z28