Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

halo headlight, thoughts?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default halo headlight, thoughts?

im thinkin about getting these for my z, what do yall think? http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-DAYTI...ht_5153wt_1185
Old 04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

If I remember correctly, those use H3 bulbs and don't have particularly good output.

If you want a cheap plug-and-play solution, check out the "Sonar" projectors.

If you want a slightly more expensive plug-and-play solution with much better output, get the BLS headlights (Blackbird Lighting Solutions is a sponsor).

If you don't mind doing some work, you can install OEM or Aftermarket HID projectors into the stock housings or a pair of aftermarket housings. There are threads on that in the Lighting FAQ.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hting-faq.html
Old 04-05-2012, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

thanks, i was just wondering, my stock lights are really cloudy even tho we restored them. i'll check those out. tho
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

a bit to RICE for me maybe if they where a black housing instead of chrome they MIGHT work. But I'm not sold on aftermarket headlights, they tend to use fog light bulbs for the low beams and the housings are subpar, I had a pair of Matrix Racing headlights on my old honda and the passenger side started to yellow on the INSIDE of the clear housing, which those restoration kits can't fix. so definitely look somewhere where you can find reviews on the quality before buying any.

Search this Thread