Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Doors Won't Lock or Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Doors Won't Lock or Unlock

Today I went to unlock my doors and to my surprise nothing happened. So I manually opened the door. I thought it was the battery in my key fob so I changed it. This still didn't fix the problem. But the trunk release button still worked so I knew it wasn't my key fob. I then went to lock the doors by pressing the button on the door, and to my dismay neither the driver or passenger lock or unlock switch worked. I can still by hand lock and unlock the doors. I checked all the fuses and nothing was blown. Also everything else works such as the windows, lights, radio, etc. It's only my door locks that won't work. Next I checked to see if power was was going to the switches and there was. In the past I had a problem with the keyless entry receiver( http://shbox.com/1/keyless_entry.jpg ) not being able to pick up my key fob. Long to story short I took it apart and found out that parts of the circuit board and the connectors were corroded. I cleaned up all the corrosion and everything worked perfectly. But that was about a year and a half ago. I figured that my keyless entry receiver might be the problem again. So I took it apart and saw there was a little corrosion build up especially on the connectors but it wasn't as bad as the first time. So once again I cleaned it up and hooked it back up and tested it. This time I could hear the keyless entry receiver click every time I pressed the lock or unlock button on my keyfob. Only my drivers door will unlock and neither of the doors will lock. Also the unlock and lock switches on the door still won't work. I should also mention I replaced both switches on the doors when I got the car a few years ago so I don't think their the problem. So now I'm out of ideas on what I should check, replace, or do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed: I popped out the switches on the doors and cleaned them and the connectors. Put it back together and works good as new.

Quick Reply: Doors Won't Lock or Unlock