Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

good grounding spot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good grounding spot?

Where is there a good spot to ground the amp in the hatch? Pics would be good
Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 PM

Bump as Im gonna need this info too. With the shortest ammount of wire as well.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Teching In

i drilled a hole on the top of driver side frame rail and mounted my ground there, havent had a problem with it, just make sure to scrape away the paint where it connects for the best ground
Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

got my basslink grounded to the bolt holding the antenna in place. Bass link is also where the spare tire used to be though.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I used that antenna bolt too. I have a smaller amp however that fits (barely!) in the stock amp location so I still have my spare.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Mine is on the drivers side so under the plastic for the rear speakers there's a little metal tab under the plastic. Just drilled a hole there and put a bolt in it
Old 05-27-2012, 02:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
got my basslink grounded to the bolt holding the antenna in place. Bass link is also where the spare tire used to be though.
I just moved my amp ground to that bolt, I had it up at that big nut that bolted the rear seatbelt down, and man what a difference, I swear its a small bit louder and my voltage drops on the dash gauge from the bass hitting aren't as bad.

Also (call me crazy if you like, gotta get at least one more tank to confirm) but the tank of gas before moving the ground averaged 21.33 MPG (my personal BEST EVER in my daily driving route) and this tank I hit 22.11 MPG (same daily route), I fill up at the same pump till it clicks off at within an hour of the same time of day, the only other time I've broke 22 was when a quarter of my tank was highway miles, so call me crazy but the better ground must have reduced the stress on my FACTORY (180k mile) alternator (for the record my alt is so weak that my headlights dim when I brake under 1k RPM, and thats with the radio OFF) and got me that tiny bit more (and before you say I just got on it less, not the case, if anything I had more gravel drive spinouts then the last tank).

Last edited by Daniel Richards; 05-27-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Quick Reply: good grounding spot?