Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pictures of amp mount in spare tire area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of amp mount in spare tire area?

I'm trying to get some ideas of how to mount my amp for the components in this area. I have lots of room since the spare tire and jack are removed, but can't visualize how I want to mount it. My amp dimensions are roughly 16"x9"x3". Thanks!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Post #2, second link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...un-wiring.html
Old 05-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Well the inverted spare tire sub mount won't work obviously. I'll have to measure but I didn't think there was enough space for my sub behind the antenna brace, and it sounds like he just wedged it in place and didn't actually mount it to anything on the car?
Old 05-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Well as I feared, my amp wouldn't fit up in that area behind the antenna brace. So I decided to build my own mount using the spare tire bracket as the mounting point. I probably overdid the whole thing but I didn't want to run into an issue with the amp mount coming off or breaking the spare tire bracket, although I doubt it would have.

I used spacers on the bolts to keep the mount out away from the antenna brace, and then used spacers on the amp screws to clear the bolt heads. I added some pipe insulation to the antenna brace just to be safe as well. Yes I know the amp is upside down, all of the speaker terminals and power/ground connections are on the front end.

Quick Reply: Pictures of amp mount in spare tire area?