Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Resetting cluster

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resetting cluster

Is there a way to reset the cluster.

I had to take the needles off and now there not reading right, I must put them back on wrong? Or is there a set of specs say what each gauge should show when the ignition is turned to on?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

cant reset it, you must have put the needles on wrong.......i know with no power to cluster the oil pressure is just a little below 40, andwith power sits at 0......the tach is goona go down and get stopped by the oil pressure gauge unless you have a camaro which has the stopper there........the speedo will always rest on the plastic.....not too sure about voltage or fuel
Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want to totally hijack your thread, but I am having a similar problem. Only with the tach on my 98 camaro though. It reads that it is idling at about 1k, but if you get out and listen it is definitely not. In other words, it idles well but the tach reads high. I have replaced the alternator & disconnected the battery several times recently. Could the tach just be off all of the sudden? And if so, do I fix it with a tune? Thanks