Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Does any know ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 05:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does any know ...

Does anyone know if the stock head unit in the 02 firehawk has built in crossovers? Im wondering if the unit delivers certain frequencies to the back seat speakers then it does to the speakers in the hatch area.

I tapped into the hatch speakers with a line out converter for my sub amp and Im not getting the bass I had when I tied into the back seat speakers. So Im guessing either the head unit or the amp has some form of filter. Anyone know?
Old 03-30-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Veteran

yea it has a basic cross over. Best bet would be to tap off the sail panel speakers because those a sort of subs. Also the sail panel speakers are 2 ohms and the rear hatch ones are 4 ohms. So the sail panel speakers are getting a more powerful signal which translates in to more bass.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

the head unit isnst crossed over, the monsoon amp is. If you want a pure signal from the headunit, tap into the tweeter wires to one of the rear tweeters BEFORE the inline crossover (which is on the wiriing harness, or mounted to the tweeter itself.) I wouldnt use a signal off the amp, it will be distorted.