Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

One speaker getting interference noise, power wire or bad ground the cause?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One speaker getting interference noise, power wire or bad ground the cause?

I've finished my install of my aftermarket stereo, I ran all new 14ga wire to my door and sail panel speakers, RCA's are routed down the center of the body, 4ga power wire is ran down the passenger side kick panel, and the 4ga ground is on the rear passenger seatbelt bracket secured with the factory nut and bolt.

It seems that it is only my passenger door speaker that is getting an RPM based interference, even with the radio muted or turned off. Is this because the speaker wire is running alongside the power wire as it goes back to the amp, or could it be that I need to touch my ground directly to the body at the seatbelt bracket? The ground is currently between the seatbelt assembly and the factory nut, should I put the ground connection under the seatbelt assembly so that it is touching directly to the chassis?

Quick Reply: One speaker getting interference noise, power wire or bad ground the cause?