Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Another GM9-AUX Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 01 ws6 with the monsoon system with no cd changer. I ordered the GM9-AUX adapter and either im not undertanding the hook up or I dont have the right adapter. when i unplug the factoru harness from the HU it is actually two plugs neither plug into the harness that was provided. Im lost. Anyone with pics or info to help me out would be great.

ok help me out with what goes where and what plugs wear. the white connector plugs into the back side of the adapter. The bigger of the two black plugs(the one on the right side of pic) plugs in were?or what plugs in there? the smaller black one will only plug into one spot im assuming it plugs in where the cd changer that I do NOT have would have plugged in. Other than that i cant figure it out. The two plugs that are from the factory harness are two big to plug into anything pictured above. PLEASE help. This seems way to simple for me to not be able to get a handle on.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 06-13-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

It should be that you plug one end of that adapter to the stock radio( i believe in the cd slot) and then plug the original harness into the adapter..

if you have trouble i currently have a gm9-aux in my car i could take pictures later
Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The black connector on the lower left of your photo plugs into the back of the radio where the CD changer would plug in. The other black plug remains unused - it was originally intended to allow pass-thru of the factory CD changer. The white and black factory radio connectors remain plugged into the radio untouched.

You will need a pair of RCA cables or an RCA-to-mini-stereo adapter cable to connect whatever auxiliary device you use.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The black connector on the lower left of your photo plugs into the back of the radio where the CD changer would plug in. The other black plug remains unused - it was originally intended to allow pass-thru of the factory CD changer. The white and black factory radio connectors remain plugged into the radio untouched.

You will need a pair of RCA cables or an RCA-to-mini-stereo adapter cable to connect whatever auxiliary device you use.

Thats exactly how i had it hooked up & it wouldnt play. I got an E33 code.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

That's a CD changer communication error. Disconnect all power from the radio and then reconnect it after a few minutes. If that doesn't solve the problem, you probably have a defective adapter.

Quick Reply: Another GM9-AUX Question