Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kenwood releases some info on new radios for 2013! Can you Say WiFi!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood releases some info on new radios for 2013! Can you Say WiFi!

Some info on what was released today.

So here you go
From this link
http://www.ceoutlook.com/2012/11/20/...r-deck-at-ces/

Again
I have seen these....
Going to be awesome and we are the ONLY authorized online source for you guys here on the forum. More info to follow around Jan 8th and preordering info will be starting then as well for all KEnwood models

Kenwood to Intro WiFi Car Deck at CES
November 20, 2012 by Amy Gilroy
Filed under Car News, Home Page Featured, Industry news
1 Comment
Kenwood will introduce at CES in January, one of the industry’s first in-dash navigation/radios with a WiFi connection to the Internet.
The device will give you a connection to a dedicated Kenwood server. And it will expand the capability of car entertainment in four ways, said SVP Consumer Electronics Keith Lehmann.
The deck will let you access Facebook, Twitter and other forms of communication through voice (text-to-speech, TTS, and speech-to-text, STT, hands-free operation).
The deck will let you listen to songs on demand from the Internet, giving you a choice of hundreds of thousands of songs and video by command. It will also give you on-demand access of songs and videos stored on devices attached to the unit, such as a smartphone.
In navigation, the WiFi connection provides access to real time traffic, data services and traffic camera locations. Plus it connects to other utilities that integrate with the Garmin navigation platform.
Another novel feature of the WiFi deck is it will have an optional second screen that may be used in the rear seat by kids to watch movies or other content served up wirelessly from the radio.
More details on the new WiFi navigation/radio will be announced by Kenwood at CES.
Source: CEoutlook
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

just got a pioneer double din from you a couple months ago but this is def something id swap out for when its released lol
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are they mis-using the term "wi-fi" here? If not, are they talking about N-band? Are you supposed to enable a hotspot from your phone? Or do they mean you can add it to your phone plan (like a tablet) and have it use 3G or 4G wireless? Which carriers?
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like more things to distract drivers in traffic IMO. Who really needs Facebook on the go? A completely voice operated system that allows you to say what tracks you want navigated by voice would be nice (third party system speaking terms) but why are they using Wifi, requiring a person to have a connection at all times and not offering something such as 3G or 4G?
Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Capricio
Are they mis-using the term "wi-fi" here? If not, are they talking about N-band? Are you supposed to enable a hotspot from your phone? Or do they mean you can add it to your phone plan (like a tablet) and have it use 3G or 4G wireless? Which carriers?

all of this info and more will be released Jan 8th when I am allowed to give you guys full details.
I will tell you these are awesome units. I have seen them and will be putting one in my New Corvette thats for sure.

Sorry I can not say to much. I am still at mercy of Kenwood and what details I am allowed to say

Just hang in there. It will be worth the wait!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

any updates? i was looking at the DNX9990HD. but now that there is gonna be new models im gonna hold off a little. whats your price for the DNX9990HD and will price go down when new models are released?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kenwood releases some info on new radios for 2013! Can you Say WiFi!