Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

tail lights wont work after installing new bulbs.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail lights wont work after installing new bulbs.

I've upgraded from the twist in light bulbs to the plug in play bulbs from the 98-02 trans am. I bought the passenger sockets from ebay and I think they came off an 2000 blaxer. I had the drivers tail light bulbs on there for a couple months and they work petfect. I go to hook up the reverse light works great, I proceed to hook up the next light in line, then the rest. I have my brother hit the brakes everything works great except the brake/turn light by the reverse light. the wires where hooked up exactly like the others yet still didn't work. I say screw it ill deal with it later. Put everything back togther test it out one more time now nothing but the park lights work. No brake lights no turn signal not even the pinging when you put the key in the ignition. The gauges didn't even light up. I played with it some more even unplugged the problem light and it still not working all the way. Now I have parking lights and turn signals but no brake lights or pinging noise when I put the key in the ignition. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Check the "TAIL LPS" fuse in the driver's side fuse panel.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it might be the fuse? I replaced the tail light fuse with the brake/stop fuse and all the extrior lights work fine but still no interior lights of noise when the key is in the ignition. Did I mention I installed a new radio head unit that also won't power on? I tried swapping fuse and I only hooked the power wires yellow, red, and black and nothing yet a couple of the speaker wires rubbed together and I heard the speakers clearly?