Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Just run new wiring to the door speakers? BOSE-AFTERMARKET SPEAKERS, HELP!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just run new wiring to the door speakers? BOSE-AFTERMARKET SPEAKERS, HELP!

Just looking for some opinions here.

If replacing my factory Bose speakers in my 94, should I run new wiring? HU is an Alpine, currently using this Schoshe box thing I guess to run the Bose speakers with it.

Problem is my passenger door speaker randomly works, not sure if a problem with the Bose amp or the schosche converter doowhacky.

Should I just remove the schosche box and all the bose stuff, just run wiring from the HU to the speakers? Or is there any benefit to using the Bose amps or is that even an option?

HU is the CDE-102 and the speakers are the SPS-600. Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by camar0corey; 07-09-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

So can/should I reuse the Bose amps? I mean I could get a new scosche box or whoever makes them, if they are made anymore I guess as a means of troubleshooting the intermittent passenger side speaker not working.

Or would it sound just fine if I wire the HU directly to the speakers? This way would clean up a bunch of clutter behind the HU as that converter box takes up space, but it does fit and well you can't see it anyway.

Thoughts, opinions??

Also one other question, I'm sure there are threads on it, so I can put some sound deadening on the inside of the door skin across from the speakers? I don't know if I would want to do the whole door, but if you do across from the speakers does that cut down some rattle? I'm still torn on if I'm gutting the doors of their door bars and cutting some of the fiberglass out like Beaflag did or what my plan of action really is.

I do know that for the time being though I need some input on the speaker issue though. Just to clear up any confusion the passenger side worked intermittently with the Bose speaker, haven't installed the alpines at all yet.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dynamat in the doors really isn't that bad. I just cut 8-10" sections and fold em in half to get it in the door. I've got long, thin arms so I can reach pretty well. And being full of sweat and add in some grease from the window track helps too. Depends on how OCD you get with it.

You CAN run it right off the head unit, may not be good for the speakers without having a crossover or a way to protect the speakers from unwanted frequencies. May find a quick way to replace them that way.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Can I reuse my bose amps though with aftermarket speakers? Like I said, I had an intermittent issue on the passenger speaker, but not sure if the bose component is at fault, or the converter box is the issue.

Thanks for a reply at least, damn tech is getting slow around here! Quite the handful of views, but there wasn't any replies. I know most people have the Monsoon systems being ls1 cars and all, I guess I've posed some kind of brain scrambler though.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Just be sure to match the impedance ratings for the Bose stuff, is all. May be an oddball 8ohm, so see if you can find anything on it.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie

I did a search last night, found a thread on CZ28 that claims the Bose speakers were 1 ohm? So I guess I can't reuse the Bose amps with the aftermarket alpine speakers?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

As I am only running two speakers total, could I run both front/rear left to say just the front speaker? Like bridging? Or is that a bad idea?

Man when did audio get so difficult, pretty sure in both my third gens it was just aftermarket HU, wires from HU right to speakers.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

So to update this I finally ran new wiring the other day. Alpine speakers directly to Alpine HU. I think it sounds clear and it is loud.

So not sure what all I was reading on here about needing an amp, or crossover, or whatever. Sounds good to me, granted my hearing isn't the greatest.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just hooked up some speakers today just like this and some reason i get hardly any sound. not sure what im doing wrong of if its my HU. glad to know someones is working. I posted a thread if you know anything i could try

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just run new wiring to the door speakers? BOSE-AFTERMARKET SPEAKERS, HELP!