Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

No power to passenger window.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to passenger window.

Okay so I just bought a new switch for the drivers side, and now the windows work, however the drivers side doesn't go automatically down, which doesn't bother me that much.

The Passenger side window works from the drivers side, (other then being interminent) But when you try using the passenger side switch it does nothing, I have test the switch and the switch is fine, but still no control over the window.

Another thing I am wondering if I do the wiring fix will it make the passenger window work properely again (Not stop then you have to let it rest)?

Please help me I am new to the forum...
Old 08-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Welcome.

How long have you had the car and did everything ever work properly for you at one point?

Originally Posted by Travis Gold
Okay so I just bought a new switch for the drivers side, and now the windows work, however the drivers side doesn't go automatically down, which doesn't bother me that much.
This controlled by the express down module.

The Passenger side window works from the drivers side, (other then being interminent) But when you try using the passenger side switch it does nothing, I have test the switch and the switch is fine, but still no control over the window.
The power flows through the drivers side switch to the passenger switch to the motor. If the drivers side switch works and the passenger side switch doesn't, then there must be a problem at the passenger side switch somewhere. (Or there really isn't a problem and you are getting hit with your intermittent issue. Or both the switch and intermittent stuff might be related and have the same cause.)

Another thing I am wondering if I do the wiring fix will it make the passenger window work properely again (Not stop then you have to let it rest)?
The "wiring fix" doesn't "fix" anything. It just gives you more time with a crappy motor. Your motor is on its last legs, so:
- You can buy a new motor (get the new Dorman design!) with a lifetime warranty. or
- You can spend more money to put in the wiring kit. You'll probably be in a better situation, but the motor will still be old and tired.