Go Back   LS1TECH > CHASSIS, SUSPENSION, APPEARANCE > Stereo & Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms

Removed Electronics form ex police B4C, what are these connectors?

Old 08-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 38
Default Removed Electronics form ex police B4C, what are these connectors?

Here is everything that I took out below, not sure if its all police or an alarm system or what. But it went to the BCM it looks like, connected to wires in the driver door, a lot under the kick panel, and to a siren near the nose. Had a switch and an led too.

It was all removed without issue, and everything on the car works. Just a few loose ends if you will haha. A few of these connectors that I found are just loose and had nothing to do with what I pulled out, but still curious.

Click the image to open in full size.

First this car only has fogs(left connector) no TCS/ASR, but there is another connector there(right), and two loose wires(middle). Any ideas?

Found this guy tucked up under the dash, no idea what it is or where it goes?

Here is one more I found tucked under the kick panel, one little wire cut clean? Ignore that big brown one that found its way into the pic.

Lastly is this lil AM/FM BC box stock? Think so but cant remeber from my old Z

05 GTO - Monster stage 3, MGW-P, Corsa Sport, Lovells springs and bushings, TSW Nurburgring 18x8
02 F150 XLT FX4 - 33s, flowmaster, tuner
Previous cars: 01 B4C, 06 GTO M6, 06 TBSS AWD, 00 Z28 A4
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/member.php?u=36403
jrob56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Launching!

Trader Rating: 1

The first pic is the alarm
Old 08-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Ungrounded Director

Trader Rating: 4

Last one is for some sort of transceiver type radio such as CB, HAM, Marine Band, or possibly police band (although police band radios generally don't use that connector). It's a PL-259 connector which is certainly not a stock item. The box actually looks like a splitter which would allow a single antenna to provide signal to two different types of radios (for example, it's common for combining CB with AM/FM). If so, you should find a small gain adjustment screw somewhere on the box.

Please DO NOT send PMs for questions that can be answered in the forums!
WhiteBird00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
TECH Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1TA_956 View Post
The first pic is the alarm
The very first pic with all the wiring and two black boxes? It says audiovox on it so it cant be a stock alarm I dont think, and the way it was wired it was thrown in quickly piggybacked fuses for power. B4Cs did not come with an alarm or keyless entry either that I know of.

Are you meaning the ones above the radio? So second actual picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00 View Post
Last one is for some sort of transceiver type radio such as CB, HAM, Marine Band, or possibly police band (although police band radios generally don't use that connector). It's a PL-259 connector which is certainly not a stock item. The box actually looks like a splitter which would allow a single antenna to provide signal to two different types of radios (for example, it's common for combining CB with AM/FM). If so, you should find a small gain adjustment screw somewhere on the box.
Damn, nicely done, it has the screw saw it last night, guess Ill leave it though. Radio is getting good signal and dont see any positives for getting it back to stock. Thanks for the info!

05 GTO - Monster stage 3, MGW-P, Corsa Sport, Lovells springs and bushings, TSW Nurburgring 18x8
Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
Ungrounded Director

Trader Rating: 4

I think LS1TA_956 actually meant that the first item is an aftermarket alarm. It certainly looks like many alarm control boxes. The smaller box to the left could be a field disturbance sensor (motion detector).

The black connector to the right in the second photo is for the ASR switch. I looked up the schematic and it has the expected wire colors: black/white, brown/white, purple/white, and pink.

I could possibly confirm the other connectors if I had some idea where to look but there are way too many schematics to go through all of them.

Please DO NOT send PMs for questions that can be answered in the forums!
WhiteBird00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
TECH Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00 View Post
I think LS1TA_956 actually meant that the first item is an aftermarket alarm. It certainly looks like many alarm control boxes. The smaller box to the left could be a field disturbance sensor (motion detector).

The black connector to the right in the second photo is for the ASR switch. I looked up the schematic and it has the expected wire colors: black/white, brown/white, purple/white, and pink.

I could possibly confirm the other connectors if I had some idea where to look but there are way too many schematics to go through all of them.
Oh okay, ya it is similar to the one in my truck, surprised though. Is that typical for police use an aftermarket alarm? Seems like they wouldnt need one, it was all disconnected and hacked up and I had no way of arming it so oh well.

Thanks for the lookup on the ASR, I guess they just leave it in the wiring, because their is no module under the hood.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, b4c, band, bcm, camaro, connector, connectors, f150, ls1tech, marine, mean, picture, police, radio, sale, splice, type