Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Removed Electronics form ex police B4C, what are these connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removed Electronics form ex police B4C, what are these connectors?

Here is everything that I took out below, not sure if its all police or an alarm system or what. But it went to the BCM it looks like, connected to wires in the driver door, a lot under the kick panel, and to a siren near the nose. Had a switch and an led too.

It was all removed without issue, and everything on the car works. Just a few loose ends if you will haha. A few of these connectors that I found are just loose and had nothing to do with what I pulled out, but still curious.

First this car only has fogs(left connector) no TCS/ASR, but there is another connector there(right), and two loose wires(middle). Any ideas?

Found this guy tucked up under the dash, no idea what it is or where it goes?

Here is one more I found tucked under the kick panel, one little wire cut clean? Ignore that big brown one that found its way into the pic.

Lastly is this lil AM/FM BC box stock? Think so but cant remeber from my old Z

Old 08-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Launching!

The first pic is the alarm
Old 08-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Last one is for some sort of transceiver type radio such as CB, HAM, Marine Band, or possibly police band (although police band radios generally don't use that connector). It's a PL-259 connector which is certainly not a stock item. The box actually looks like a splitter which would allow a single antenna to provide signal to two different types of radios (for example, it's common for combining CB with AM/FM). If so, you should find a small gain adjustment screw somewhere on the box.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1TA_956
The first pic is the alarm
The very first pic with all the wiring and two black boxes? It says audiovox on it so it cant be a stock alarm I dont think, and the way it was wired it was thrown in quickly piggybacked fuses for power. B4Cs did not come with an alarm or keyless entry either that I know of.

Are you meaning the ones above the radio? So second actual picture?

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Last one is for some sort of transceiver type radio such as CB, HAM, Marine Band, or possibly police band (although police band radios generally don't use that connector). It's a PL-259 connector which is certainly not a stock item. The box actually looks like a splitter which would allow a single antenna to provide signal to two different types of radios (for example, it's common for combining CB with AM/FM). If so, you should find a small gain adjustment screw somewhere on the box.
Damn, nicely done, it has the screw saw it last night, guess Ill leave it though. Radio is getting good signal and dont see any positives for getting it back to stock. Thanks for the info!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

I think LS1TA_956 actually meant that the first item is an aftermarket alarm. It certainly looks like many alarm control boxes. The smaller box to the left could be a field disturbance sensor (motion detector).

The black connector to the right in the second photo is for the ASR switch. I looked up the schematic and it has the expected wire colors: black/white, brown/white, purple/white, and pink.

I could possibly confirm the other connectors if I had some idea where to look but there are way too many schematics to go through all of them.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
I think LS1TA_956 actually meant that the first item is an aftermarket alarm. It certainly looks like many alarm control boxes. The smaller box to the left could be a field disturbance sensor (motion detector).

The black connector to the right in the second photo is for the ASR switch. I looked up the schematic and it has the expected wire colors: black/white, brown/white, purple/white, and pink.

I could possibly confirm the other connectors if I had some idea where to look but there are way too many schematics to go through all of them.
Oh okay, ya it is similar to the one in my truck, surprised though. Is that typical for police use an aftermarket alarm? Seems like they wouldnt need one, it was all disconnected and hacked up and I had no way of arming it so oh well.

Thanks for the lookup on the ASR, I guess they just leave it in the wiring, because their is no module under the hood.

Quick Reply: Removed Electronics form ex police B4C, what are these connectors?