Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

0awg in f-body?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0awg in f-body?

Just wondering who has ran 0 gauge power wire in an F-body and how you did it. Looking for a place to start / easiest way.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

I ran it down passenger side and used a fuse front and rear used a bmr battery relocator
Old 08-15-2012, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

down passenger side through pcm grommet just like everyone else does with 8/4ga
Old 08-22-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I cut the PCM pass-thru to make it big enough to run a zero gauge down the passenger side to my battery in the trunk. Gotta shop online and read reviews for the best deal. Not all wires are the same but 0 awg will pretty much run whatever current you want, the wire insulation is important though. You want thick and flexible insulation so it'll last longer.

My sub/amp is running off a 4 awg wire and its plenty.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Teching In

passenger side, knukonceptz kolossus fleks. no issues with running
Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ghettocowboy248
passenger side, knukonceptz kolossus fleks. no issues with running
Same stuff I just bought to replace my corroded wires. Good product at the right price. Not the best out there but not expensive either.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by imma_stocker
Same stuff I just bought to replace my corroded wires. Good product at the right price. Not the best out there but not expensive either.
i would say much better than most. my brother has all monster 0ga and when we did my car he thought it was so much easier to run. much better flexibility than his monster. it was also noticeably thicker than his.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 AM
TECH Addict

i would say much better than most. my brother has all monster 0ga and when we did my car he thought it was so much easier to run. much better flexibility than his monster. it was also noticeably thicker than his.
REALLY, I have Monster 4 gauge and got the knukonceptz 4 gauge for a friend and the monster clearly had slightly more wire, the knukonceptz was easier to run tho, I used some knukonceptz 0 gauge for the battery to ground battery to alternator and battery to engine ground.

Personally I wouldn't recommend running high current wire next to the PCM, I've known people that have fried PCM's due to running there power cables to close (yes it can happen).
Old 08-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
REALLY, I have Monster 4 gauge and got the knukonceptz 4 gauge for a friend and the monster clearly had slightly more wire, the knukonceptz was easier to run tho, I used some knukonceptz 0 gauge for the battery to ground battery to alternator and battery to engine ground.

Personally I wouldn't recommend running high current wire next to the PCM, I've known people that have fried PCM's due to running there power cables to close (yes it can happen).
the question is which knu model did you go with? just the basic kca wiring, or did you get the better kolossus fleks?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

the question is which knu model did you go with? just the basic kca wiring, or did you get the better kolossus fleks?
the kolossus fleks, I know better then to touch that copper clad aluminum crap wire that can't handle half as much power.