Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best Sound Deadening Placement

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trans damm
Yes I never heard of raamat. Though you misspelled it. Ratmat is the roofing stuff. What ccf did you use?
i used the same companies ccf which is called ensolite. i got the ensolite ps which stands for peel and stick, as they have another version that requires a spray or other form of adhesive
Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

and btw, i was on my phone before but noticed your install pics and it looks pretty solid!!

are you gonna put any ccf on the sail panels or the wheel well parts tho? seems to me like that would be a large source for road noise
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Avaric3
i used the same companies ccf which is called ensolite. i got the ensolite ps which stands for peel and stick, as they have another version that requires a spray or other form of adhesive
yup, that is the stuff i used too, the black stuff on top of the shiny stuff. got the Raammat and the Ensolite ps from the same guy, good discount to cause he was in the military. so talk military with him and he gives you a good discount. just be prepared for a ridiculously long conversation.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jus' thought of something: How 'bout taking off your front wheel inner fender black plastic thing and covering the inner top layer with some MVL? That could help with tire noise no?
Old 08-29-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Jus' thought of something: How 'bout taking off your front wheel inner fender black plastic thing and covering the inner top layer with some MVL? That could help with tire noise no?
i guess it couldnt hurt but i just did it from the inside and that was enough to lower the noise plenty imo

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
yup, that is the stuff i used too, the black stuff on top of the shiny stuff. got the Raammat and the Ensolite ps from the same guy, good discount to cause he was in the military. so talk military with him and he gives you a good discount. just be prepared for a ridiculously long conversation.
i emailed him if there was any discount codes and he said no, however he sent me an invoice thru paypal in which, each item was discounted a few bucks so i ended up saving $20+
Old 08-29-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
the raammat i got was silver foil wit a grey adhesive, not black tho. maybe diff batches? and it came in flat sheets, not rolled like the roofing material stuff comes
Old 08-30-2012, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Avaric3 - Can you pm me a link to where I can order both products from?
Old 08-30-2012, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by No Juice
Avaric3 - Can you pm me a link to where I can order both products from?
simply google search "Raammat" or "Ensolite"

Quick Reply: Best Sound Deadening Placement