Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hidden Amp Cover Pics ! Check it out

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hidden Amp Cover Pics ! Check it out

So i wanted a cover that hides my amps-- i didnt like being able to see them and the wires, plus i couldnt use the hatch area at all to set stuff... 6le use to make one but they quit- so i made on myself. Turned out awesome imo. Its study if i need to set a couple cases of beer or what-not lol Let me know what you guys think of my embroidery- I wanted something a little different than the regular TA bird.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the bird is BADASS, but personally i'm not a fan of restricting airflow around amps, In my last car when I swapped the carpet (which I used as the perfect time to run my stereo wires) I threw the old carpet over the back seat (which is where my amp was) and drove the 5 MINUTES to get home from my friends house (used his garage) and left the old carpet in the back seat and my amp was burned up (blew a fusable link) when I pulled the carpet off of it the next day (more then 12 hours later) and at home my car is shaded by the trees plus it wasn't hot that day to begin with, ever since then I'm am super cautious to not let anything block airflow.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Launching!

I left the sides open so they would have air flow that way, and i also drilled 1/4 inch holes all over the top so heat could travel up thru the cloth on top- Hopefully thats enough to keep it cool. I guess i will see...
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zaaronz
I left the sides open so they would have air flow that way, and i also drilled 1/4 inch holes all over the top so heat could travel up thru the cloth on top- Hopefully thats enough to keep it cool. I guess i will see...
I've seen where people install a case fan (like for a desktop computer), not sure what the voltage rating on those are off hand so not sure how to wire it but if I where you I would add one or 2 just to be safe.

Now put those skills to work and recarpet that poor box, so they will match and then if you must run speaker grilles please find something less ugly, sorry man but those grilles are bad.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
I've seen where people install a case fan (like for a desktop computer), not sure what the voltage rating on those are off hand so not sure how to wire it but if I where you I would add one or 2 just to be safe.

Now put those skills to work and recarpet that poor box, so they will match and then if you must run speaker grilles please find something less ugly, sorry man but those grilles are bad.
Looks real good! I also really like the bird and I completely agree with the above statement.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by silverWS.6
Looks real good! I also really like the bird and I completely agree with the above statement.
Yea im gonna do the box in the same carpet- Gonna look real nice when its all the same color black. And yea- the grills gotta go- they are ugly. Im still looking around for ideas on the covers. I think i am gonna look into putting some sort of small fan under there too, would probably help a lot.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards

Computer fans are 12V.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

take a look at the Stinger#SGJ76 and #SGJ78 cross-flow fans and the Stinger #SGJ11 fan controller, I've got them under my amp cover.

Quick Reply: Hidden Amp Cover Pics ! Check it out