Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

12-CD changer not working??

Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 12-CD changer not working??

Vehicle: 98 Trans Am with the cable installed for the external cd changer and monsoon system.
I just purchased a used 12 disc changer, Pioneer CDX-M2116 (25678544), guaranteed to work, so they say. Never had one in the car before. Installed it into the factory plug and tried to play a cd. It goes through the disc-check ok and loads the one cd in the magazine into the drive, starts it spinning, then beeps very faintly 3 times. CD then stops spinning. I have tried several original cd's. There is no indication whatsoever on the radio unit that anything is happening, no CD logo or anything. The CD button on the radio does nothing if there is no cd in the head unit and the internal cd player works ok. Is this defective, incompatible, or am I missing some kind of setup? Thanks for any help.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Apparently it is not compatible with the 98's internal-CD radio version. I hear on another forum that it will only work with the cassette version of the 98 radio.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

prly can upgrade to a 99+ cd player and be good

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12-CD changer not working??