Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring help!!

Old 04-05-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Wiring help!!

I need a wire diagram for the traction control botton! I Know someone had it on the website but I can't find it now!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok no one I guess i will open it up and find out!
Old 04-10-2004, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

i think i posted it once but unfortunatly i don't have access to gm's site no more they updated their passwords.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

OK, here you go (this assumes you have the original switch so you can see which color wire goes to which terminal):

Purple with White: Ground for the indicator LED (goes to the electronic brake control module)
Brown or Pink depending on model: 12v positive feed for indicator LED (comes from gauges fuse in fuse panel)
Gray: 12v positive switch illumination feed (comes from headlight/dash dimmer switch)
Black with White: Ground for switch and illumination circuits
Brown with White: Switched circuit (goes to electronic brake control module)

The switch is designed to provide ground to the Brown/White wire when pressed. You could use it to ground the coil of a relay so that you could power an accessory but it only provides a momentary connection. You'd have to use some sort of latching relay to provide a constant output after being triggered by the switch. You'd also have to figure out a way to turn it off.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

First off Thank I need that realy bad! Where did you get this info form? And I am not trying to trigger anything I am trying to change switches so I can mount it somewhere else!

The reason I asked there you got the info is I am I the right now removing every wire in the car I don't need. Air bag stuff,sound/security,and maybe soon the whole gauge cluster!
Old 04-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The info came from the GM Service Manual which I got on a set of CDs on ebay. The set cost about $35 and has manuals for all GM models from the past 10 years or so.

If you only want to replace the original switch with something smaller, you can just get a small momentary push button switch and connect only the black with white and brown with white wires to it. This won't give you an indicator light but it will work just like the factory switch - push to turn off, push again to turn back on. If you need an indicator light you can get an LED from Radio Shack and wire it to a 12v switched source on one side and to the purple with white wire on the other.

Search this Thread