Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CD changer stuck-need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD changer stuck-need help

Okay guys I need some help and or advice...Ive got a 2000 Trans Am with the 12 disk changer. Two days ago it worked just fine...then one morning, I go out there, its working fine...I push the button on the radio to change the disk and it makes a funny noise, and "dies". I can hear the magazine in the back trying to change the CD but it can't. I changed the cd again, cycled through all 12 and none of them would play. I get a message that says "E32" on the radio display.

The CD magazine will not come out of the player, even when I open the door. Its stuck somehow and I don't know how to get it out. Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated.

I did a search on this forum for "cd changer stuck" and it brought up no results.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

My magazine gets stuck from time to time too. When you open the changer door, the magazine is trying to eject itself, but gets stuck and won't pop out. Gently try to press the magazine back in (it won't actually go in though FYI), and then wait a second. Mine will usually eject fully, and then then a sleeve that has a cd in it will eject out of the changer into the empty magazine chamber. You can then reload the sleeve with CD and put the magazine back in and all is good. Mine usually does this after I hit a pretty good bump, but sometimes it does it for no reason...Good luck!

Quick Reply: CD changer stuck-need help