Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

need some info

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some info

so i just got a 94 z28 from my cousin and well it appears as if the car didnt come with speakers in the backs seats the speaker grilles are there but no speaker ad dosnt appear to be any wireing either :/ ?? and there is a sub in the trunk and a speaker in each door.... did they make them with only a speaker in each door and a sub in the trunk or?? any info will be much appreciated thanks never herd of a car with only 3 speakers
Old 09-29-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

94 with bose was a 3 speaker system
Old 09-29-2012, 05:22 PM

is there any problems im going to run into installing an aftermarket stereo?? the factory head unit is no good

and what size speakers go in the doors and in the rear panels in the back seat and will i have to run my own wireing to the head unit to put speakers in the back seats?? thanks

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 10-01-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Please search for threads about replacing Bose systems. The Bose system is different from the Monsoon system used in LS1 models so there are different requirements for replacement. Each of the Bose speakers has an individual amp connected to it and they use common ground instead of floating ground like most current systems.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Teching In

All speaker mounts are 6.5 except for the rear hatch. IMO if you are upgrading from factory you should just rewire the whole system instead of reusing the factory setup(trust me it is not that hard). Even if you are new to it, it should not take longer than a solid Saturday or Sunday and you will be impressed by the difference. If you need help just let me know, I can probably guide you through it.

Quick Reply: need some info