Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Front left turn signal is toast?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front left turn signal is toast?

so recently i had to replace the entire socket for my drivers side turn signal and drl. while the socket was bad, that caused my left blinkers to not flash. now that ive replaced the socket and put a new bulb in, my left turn signals STILL do not flash but the light for drl does come on but ONLY when i manually turn on my lights or the headlights automatically go on (right drl light still works perfectly). wut i mean is my left drl doesnt light up at all unless one of those scenarios are met, then itll light up but still no blinky blinky.

is there anything i could check/replace that would cause such isolation of the left drl and left turn signal?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:59 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Do your hazards work? If so, you just have a bad turn signal flasher.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I put the hazards on, the other 3 turn signals flash but the front left doesn't light up at all still
Old 10-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Check the wiring you did for the new socket. Your DRLs are NOT working at all - the light that comes on with the headlights is a parking lamp that uses a different filament in the bulb than the DRLs and turn signals use. You might just have a burned out bulb but since it is new and you replaced the socket, I would suspect the socket wiring first.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd also swap bulbs side to side just to rule out a defective bulb. Yes, I know you said you put a new bulb in but it could just be defective. Seen it before.

Quick Reply: Front left turn signal is toast?