Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone have their car broken into for audio equipment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone have their car broken into for audio equipment?

I'm looking to upgrade (big time!) my stock sound system and I was planning out where everything should go. I'm thinking about getting a single 12" deep box from subthump.com and have the amps on my rear deck and folded down rear seat. Has anyone's car been broken into becuase of this? Should I invest into a bigger and better security system? Tinted/mirrored windows? Bulletproof windows?!? Suggestions?
Old 04-12-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes twice the first time was about 12k worth of audio/video. The second time was 14k Home owners paid for it all. But then asked if I want it covered next time they need to see the car before insureing it. Now my car is parked inside the garage with my Escallade less than 12" from the door so they can't open the big door.

It has the best security I could find,there is a street light in my driveway, and the house is heavly armed.

I got a CCW permit and always have 1-2 guns on me, as for at night as I have had people try to break in to cars in the driveway,I keep 2 shotguns, My 2 carry pistols by the bed and A 45ACP tactical assalt rifle with scope,light,and laser.

Yes it sounds crazy but I have had a person try to atack me to get into my car. So when it comes to my life I like to stack the odds!

But the best sercuity and guns can't stop a flat bed if you arn't there.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

DAMN! Stealth box it is! My mom had her door stolen off her SS in our garage. So I think I'll keep it to a low profile setup.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Ive never had any thing stolen out of either of my cars that has $5000+ systems and the one car didnt even have power locks let alone a alarm. The key to keeping from getting you system stolen is dont advertise it. A few blocks before you park it anywhere shut the system off or turn it way down. Whether its your house, work, or just going out. Ive followed that rule and never had a problem. Also check for people following you from time to time, I know a few people who have been followed home and while their sleeping in their house their stuff gets jacked.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had mine broken into twice. Both times my car was parked in the wrong part of town, so I wasn't too suprised. Both times the only thing they got was the headunit. Both of the head units were alpines with outboard signal boxes. I cut the outer cable to weaken the attatchment to the radio & ziptied the box to the car. So both times the thieves pulled the radio out, they ripped off the signal box killing the radio. "If I can't have it, noone will"
Old 04-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Launching!

This is what worries me about putting in a video monitor for navigation. Components, 6.5" midbasses and a stealth box with a back wall amp install all are invisible from outside. BUT, even a cheap aftermarket H/U is visable from outside my car (even with 35% on the sides). I'm nervous about putting a monitor in, but I love the idea of Navigation, esp. PC based. I guess we'll see.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2FAST4U
Yes twice the first time was about 12k worth of audio/video. The second time was 14k Home owners paid for it all. But then asked if I want it covered next time they need to see the car before insureing it. Now my car is parked inside the garage with my Escallade less than 12" from the door so they can't open the big door.

It has the best security I could find,there is a street light in my driveway, and the house is heavly armed.

I got a CCW permit and always have 1-2 guns on me, as for at night as I have had people try to break in to cars in the driveway,I keep 2 shotguns, My 2 carry pistols by the bed and A 45ACP tactical assalt rifle with scope,light,and laser.

Yes it sounds crazy but I have had a person try to atack me to get into my car. So when it comes to my life I like to stack the odds!

But the best sercuity and guns can't stop a flat bed if you arn't there.
you are one BAD ***** FU*KER

dont take no **** from some douche trying to steal **** from u lol