Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Input On Speaker Selection?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input On Speaker Selection?

so as of now i have a crappy pair of rockford fosgate coaxials in my doors and bazooka 6.5" mid-bass woofers in my sails wit the hatch speakers deleted. the coaxials are running on monsoon power and the bazookas are running on my 4-channel kenwood amp so theyre getting 75w @ 2ohms a piece right now.

im getting pioneer ts-a1604c 6.5" component speakers for xmas and im getting myself 6LE tweeter pods to replace my lil door triangles. these components are gonna go in the pods and the doors. however, im debating scrapping these once i get them and simply buying a pair of polk audio db6501 components for the pods and doors instead. the OTHER option is scrapping both the pioneers AND the bazookas and going wit 4x polk db6501 in the pods, doors and sails.

given that story, here are my options im considering-

OPTION 1-
Pods/Doors- Pioneer 6.5" components
Sails- Bazooka 6.5" mid-bass
Hatch- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" coaxial

OPTION 2-
Pods/Doors- Polk Audio 6.5" components
Sails- Bazooka 6.5" mid-bass

OPTION 3-
Pods/Doors- Polk Audio 6.5" components
Sails- Polk Audio 6.5" components

in all of these options, the kenwood amp will be powering the door and sail speakers and the monsoon amp will power the hatch speakers. please keep in mind that i already have the bazookas and pioneers purchased, where as wit the polk audio speakers id have to buy them and sell my other stuff
Old 11-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

6.5" speakers won't fit in the hatch without modification and besides, why would you want that much sound coming from behind you? Have you considered a more conventional setup with door components, perhaps sail panel components, and a stealth box sub (deleting the hatch speakers)? None of your three options are going to be very strong in the bass area so a small (10") sub in the back can work wonders.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

I've got the DB6501's in my front doors right now, can't fully judge them yet because there only powered off the Pioneer deck without any amp, then I put some cheap 20 dollar (each) SSL midranges in the sails, thats really all you need, except a subwoofer, personally I wouldn't run anything in the hatch locations, just get a sub to do the lows and run everything off of proper amps and you will love it.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Have you considered a more conventional setup with door components, perhaps sail panel components, and a stealth box sub (deleting the hatch speakers)? None of your three options are going to be very strong in the bass area so a small (10") sub in the back can work wonders.
thats certainly a strong consideration once i have more cash to get a decent sub
Old 11-28-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

My car is gettin a double din touchscreen ,6LE tweet pods & polk audio Db components front & rear Sails are gettin polk 8s Then 4 kicker L7 8s in the rear With Soundstream Rubicon amps 600rms 4ch & 1600rms monoblock I included a pic of how I mounted my rear speakers in the Ttop V6 car It used to have Orion 6.5 components Polks are WAY better than Pioneer!!!!! Get the Polks!!!
Attached Thumbnails Input On Speaker Selection?-rear-speakers.jpg  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
My car is gettin a double din touchscreen ,6LE tweet pods & polk audio Db components front & rear Sails are gettin polk 8s Then 4 kicker L7 8s in the rear With Soundstream Rubicon amps 600rms 4ch & 1600rms monoblock I included a pic of how I mounted my rear speakers in the Ttop V6 car It used to have Orion 6.5 components Polks are WAY better than Pioneer!!!!! Get the Polks!!!
that sounds bangin!! youll lovethe double din btw. i have a pioneer avh-p2400bt and its pretty nice. just wish i had gps in it tho and better resolution
Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

If you dont wanna cut up the rear like I did on my last car Polk 4x6 plates fit nice in the rear too Ive got a few sets of those for my S10 ext cab **** those 4x10s LoL Then 6.5 components in the doors I like my systems I might get my 03 CVR 18 reconed for the ext cab LoL

Last edited by warriorcustoms; 11-29-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Input On Speaker Selection?