Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

To much for a stealthbox?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To much for a stealthbox?

How would a Fi Q10 amped by a SAZ-1500D v.2 - Sundown Audio 1500W 1-Channel Monoblock perform? Do stealthboxes have limitations?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure if that would fit in an off the shelf stealthbox; not to mention a high XPL woofer like that might over-stress the enclosure.

You could make one or have one made with thicker fiberglass and the proper shape to enclose that driver with the proper airspace.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm. Maybe if a custom made stealthbox is required I would be better off going the 12" route.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have made them for large motored 10" out of mdf and also out of fiberglass and made a couple that were using Fi Q12 that were custom fiberglass enclosures. Still make one every now and then for customers if you need one. These are the largest stealth enclosures you can get and have the most airspace volume available.
I even did a 12" L7 once. That was the largest sub in a stealth box I ever did. Most of the ones I do are for big 10" subs like Fi, RE Audio, Massive Audio, and stuff like that. It really isn't worth doing a 12" unless it is something like what your talking about where it needs the extra airspace volume. In other words I wouldn't do a Kicker CVR 12" in a custom enclosure when you could do a higher quality 10" in a regular enclosure.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much airspace can you even get out of that side or the other side were the spare tie well is? im trying to find a way to do a stealth box thats 1 cube ported to 42htz for my DD-1508. ive never seen a 12" L7 in a stealth box
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I have made them for large motored 10" out of mdf and also out of fiberglass and made a couple that were using Fi Q12 that were custom fiberglass enclosures. Still make one every now and then for customers if you need one. These are the largest stealth enclosures you can get and have the most airspace volume available.
I even did a 12" L7 once. That was the largest sub in a stealth box I ever did. Most of the ones I do are for big 10" subs like Fi, RE Audio, Massive Audio, and stuff like that. It really isn't worth doing a 12" unless it is something like what your talking about where it needs the extra airspace volume. In other words I wouldn't do a Kicker CVR 12" in a custom enclosure when you could do a higher quality 10" in a regular enclosure.
What is your price for a fiberglass driver's side stealth box that will hold a FiQ12 or an IDQ12?
Old 12-16-2012, 01:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by abates
What is your price for a fiberglass driver's side stealth box that will hold a FiQ12 or an IDQ12?
You won't get enough air space for a IDQ12 for the best low-end, you want 1.05cu.ft. or more, same with the FiQ 12. Have KEE make you a fiberglass DS stealthbox for a FiQ10. Ive ran a DS fiberglass stealth box made by KEE yrs ago and a PS stealth box from subthump with a set of IDMax 10 with a MMATS D3500.05 and both enclosures held up fine. Now I run the same subs and MMATS Amp except in a 1.5cu.ft. ported (per sub) enclosure tuned to 32hz. You could do a custom ported enclosure on the PS with a 12" sub and have enough air space, but I'd wouldn't tune it higher than 35hz. If you strictly go ported then go with a FiBL12 same price an air space requirements as the FiQ12 but its louder, you should have enough room for the 1.5cu.ft. minimum air space requirements on the PS spare tire area. I'd consider a Fi BL10 in a ported 1.2-1.5 (max)cu.ft. air space tuned to 35hz.

Quick Reply: To much for a stealthbox?