Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Windows and radio shut off when I operate windows

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows and radio shut off when I operate windows

It's really weird... Doesn't happen all of the time but my windows stop working and radio shuts off when I try to put down my windows. When it does happen I have to wait a minute or a few for it to come back on or I turn off the car and turn the key to accessorys and keep doing that until it works again without shutting off. When it does happen sometimes it comes back on right away or it takes a few minutes but will keep happening unless I shut off the car and keep trying turning the key till it stops. Randomly happens. Anybody know what this could be?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Welcome to the forum. In the future please use the search feature to find relevant answers.

The problem is caused by cracked solder joints in the Body Control Module (BCM). Repair details are posted here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...blems-fix.html. It's a long thread but there are photos and instructions on a couple of the pages.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! Thank you so much!! Will do a search for next time. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Windows and radio shut off when I operate windows