Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stealth sub box + Sub + Amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stealth sub box + Sub + Amp

So I recently changed out my stock head-unit with a Pioneer DEH-80PRS. This head unit is awesome, the sound quality is excellent with the stock monsoon amp, lots of cool features, and is asthetically pleasing. No matter what I try I can't cause distortion(ears bleeding but still sounds beautiful), I love the fact it can automatically adjust it's speaker timing/EQ using the mic that comes with it. It's color choices allow it to match any interior lights.

Anyway, now that I got a good head unit I'm looking at a sub because the sail speakers offer very little bass. I'm looking for a good stealth box that will fit in the compartment left of the T-Tops and a good amp/sub combo. I was thinking a square kicker but it's been a while since I've messed with audio stuff. Anybody out there have a setup that they really like?

I'm looking for quality over quantity, it doesn't have to make my ears bleed, I just want a very good quality bass.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What radio did you get? Just curious. Whenever Double D Mods releases the passenger side stealth box, I'll be upgrading to two JL Audio 10s. I'm more of a SQ guy too, but also price conscious.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now I have a cheap image dynamics ctx 104 sub in my stealth box and it bangs pretty well but I'm about to upgrade to a 12" sundown sa12. They make a 10" version of it as well tho. Its an spl sub that also has good sq
Old 03-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Launching!

(non-sponsor link removed)

$350 may be a little steep but I would spend it again given the chance.

I was looking at the Subthump boxes but I've seen fitment issues with these online and wanted to make sure it would work in my trans am before I bought it. I made the mistake in my old v6 99' Firebird of getting a box that filled the entire t-top area....bad idea.

I've never heard of sundown but if they have good sq then I will deffinitely take a look.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 03-02-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:34 AM
12 Second Club

I use the JLAudio stealthbox. Fits right in where the CD changer goes and doesn't get in the way of anything. To anyone else it looks like a stock piece, it fits so well.

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...t-camaro-93-02
Old 03-02-2013, 04:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Paul87
I use the JLAudio stealthbox. Fits right in where the CD changer goes and doesn't get in the way of anything. To anyone else it looks like a stock piece, it fits so well.

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...t-camaro-93-02
those JL boxes are the most grossly overpriced stealth boxes by far. a good stealth box can be had new for under $100 and then pick your sub and youll still be WAAAYYY under $500
Old 03-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Sundown is very good quality. Check them out. My friend has a pair of 10s and they hit hard!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Launching!

I'm not sure on the pricing differences but do you think a sundown is a better value that a kicker? Was gonna go with a square kicker but they are pretty expensive.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Check the mounting depth on any subs you're looking at. I wanted to get the Sundown SA10 but they won't fit in a DD Mods stealth box. Not sure of other ones. I got a TC Sounds Epic 10. Needed a trim ring to fit. For 1 10 it sounds good. 500 wrms-2000 peak. Bottom end is a little soft but just about any sub in that small of box will be so can't blame the sub. I've been thinking about upgrading my old Eclipse HU to the 80 prs but I wonder how much difference there would be in SQ... Also the L5 and L7's are more SPL subs than SQ.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SilverSS07
Check the mounting depth on any subs you're looking at. I wanted to get the Sundown SA10 but they won't fit in a DD Mods stealth box. Not sure of other ones. I got a TC Sounds Epic 10. Needed a trim ring to fit. For 1 10 it sounds good. 500 wrms-2000 peak. Bottom end is a little soft but just about any sub in that small of box will be so can't blame the sub. I've been thinking about upgrading my old Eclipse HU to the 80 prs but I wonder how much difference there would be in SQ... Also the L5 and L7's are more SPL subs than SQ.
i found that stuffing 1/2lb of polyfill into my stealth box REALLY made a diff in how low and hard the bass hit
Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Avaric3
i found that stuffing 1/2lb of polyfill into my stealth box REALLY made a diff in how low and hard the bass hit
Yep I did that too and it did help.

Quick Reply: Stealth sub box + Sub + Amp