Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't
Old 04-29-2016, 05:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Speakers are not working after head unit install

Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Speakers are not working after head unit install

When we purchased the Z28 2 years ago did not have any idea it came with a alpine amp. Stupid me was not thinking, decided to rip it all out because I do not want it..forgot to realize the 4 speakers were wiring to the amplifier

long story short, cut the wires to the two front speakers and only have the rears working.

what I want done is have this pioneer head unit taken out of the camaro, and replaced with my alpine from the green camaro. Along with the with 4 speakers.

I have rockford fosgate wiring from the green camaro that I want to use with the Z28.

My 94 had bose,moonsoon w/e and it was bypassed. I am pretty sure my 98 also had it so I figure everything would work fine.

Here is what I have from the green camaro to go in,

Everything worked from my green camaro and is being installed exact same was into my Z28.

Here is what I encounter with removing the pioneer head unit.

And everything that was removed,power wire,ground,amp,head unit,ipod connector,rca cables yada yada

Everything was going good. I made a mistake by not disconnecting the negative cable before install. so..like i was saying everything was going good. After each speaker install, I tested the H.U to see if it worked and all 4 speakers worked great. I button everything up and the head unit would not even turn on.

I put back in the pioneer and it turned on fine. Found out the battery was practicaly dead. Once I jumped the car the alpine head unit turned on, but now the 4 speakers will not work.

I tried using the alpine reset button, checked my fuses near dash and they are fine,fuse behind cd player is fine. Volume turned up, played with cd player settings,swapped out speakers. Checked the crimps in the wires and they are tight and solid. Checked harness and also seems fine.

I am stumped. Everything worked fine before I put the kick panel back on and the battery died. Any ideas?

What would make all 4 stop working!!!!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 AM
12 Second Club

Ttt help me out here.

I even swapped in my old alpine headunit since the harness is the same and still no sound.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Never mind found my problem. When I put the kick panel back on the passenger side. I screwed a hole right into the wiring in two different spots. Cut,wired.good to go now
Old 04-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

So you're saying your wiring got screwed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speakers are not working after head unit install