Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New setup for the WS6

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New setup for the WS6

So after some thinking, I have what I think will be a really good sounding, stock looking setup. I am going to have some 5 year old Boston Acoustic Pro 6.5" Components in the doors running off of an Alpine MRX-F30 amp (which is 50x4, but underrated). Then the piece that took me a while to come up with is I am going to put some OLD school Fosgate 6.5" subs in the stock sail panels running off the other 2 channels on that amp. I am going to have all 4 channels hooked through the front output from the headunit. I am going to HP the components at about 60 hz and lowpass the subs at about 120 hz, all at the amp. Then to top it all off, I am going to have a JL10W3V3-2 ohm running off an Alpine MRX-M50 (500x1 @ 2 ohm) in a stealthbox. Amps are going in the spare tire compartment.

I used to have a ported 12W7 box that took up the t-top storage but I wanted a little more room and factory look this time. I think the subs in the sail panels will sound really good off that amp if I ever want to cut my 10" off.

What do you guys think about this setup?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

high pass your components a bit higher than 60Hz. try 80Hz, youll likely be able to get better and louder sound from it that way below 80Hz are sub frequencies so let your sub take care of that
Old 05-08-2013, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why are you using just the front RCA's (that will be split to 4) for the amp, you won't be able to fade front to back like that, and you really need to be able to fade. Does your HU not have a dedicated subwoofer set of RCA's and your using the rear RCA for the sub?

Quick Reply: New setup for the WS6