Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Driver Tail Light not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Tail Light not working

Ok so I have a problem. My whole driver side tail light is not working. no blinker or brake lights. i have replaced the bulbs but still nothing. Also my blinker in the front driver side is not working either and ive replaced the bulb there also. And neither of my reverse lights are not working. This is a transmission swap from auto to 6 speed and i have heard about the switch for reverse lights but have no clue on how to do it. Please help me before i get pulled over.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The reverse lights would make sense, as for the blinkers I'm not sure. However, are they not working or is it for instance just completely staying lit? I know I have a light out on the front (or loose) and it causes the whole side to stay lit when the turn signal is initiated.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
The reverse lights would make sense, as for the blinkers I'm not sure. However, are they not working or is it for instance just completely staying lit? I know I have a light out on the front (or loose) and it causes the whole side to stay lit when the turn signal is initiated.
it is just staying lit.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

First, it would be REALLY helpful to know if it's a Firebird or Camaro since the Firebird uses the same bulbs for signals and brakes whereas the Camaro has separate turn signals.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua101994
Ok so I have a problem. My whole driver side tail light is not working. no blinker or brake lights.
Did this start right with the completion of your transmission swap?

Originally Posted by Joshua101994
Also my blinker in the front driver side is not working either and ive replaced the bulb there also.
If you have an OEM thermal flasher, it needs all the flashing bulbs in order to work. (When light bulbs burn out, it goes slower or stops completely. If all your rear bulbs are out, there won't be enough current to make it flash.)

Quick Reply: Driver Tail Light not working