Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

switchback questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switchback questions

i bought some switchback leds and resisters. The colors arent the way i wanted them am I doing someting wrong or do I maybe have the wrong bulbs. These are for my turn signals in the front.

When the fog lights are on I want the lights to be solid white then flash red when i put the turn signals on. Mine are solid red and then flashing red/white when i turn the turn signals on

I orig used the resistors but now have added the el12 flasher as well and no change

Amazon.com: 2pcs 3157 3457 3057 60 SMD LED Red White Turn Signal Switchback Light Lamp Bulb: Home Improvement Amazon.com: 2pcs 3157 3457 3057 60 SMD LED Red White Turn Signal Switchback Light Lamp Bulb: Home Improvement

50W 6Ohm LED Load Resistors for LED Turn Signal Lights or LED License Plate Lights (Fix Hyper Flash, Warning Cancellor) : Amazon.com : Automotive 50W 6Ohm LED Load Resistors for LED Turn Signal Lights or LED License Plate Lights (Fix Hyper Flash, Warning Cancellor) : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 06-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The colors are coming on based on which sets or LEDs are set up to connect to the socket as the major (brighter DRL/turn signal) filament and the minor (dimmer park) filament. You could cut and swap the wires at the socket to switch the functionality. However fyi, by FMVSS regulations while DRL and front park can be white the front turn signals are supposed to be amber. That would just add on top of the fact that the lamp would likely not meet photometric requirements anyhow since the light source does not match up with the lamp optics since it is now defocused (LEDs are not distributing the light the same way as the filament did). In the end it is your car and decision.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Red lights on the front of the car are illegal anyway. Besides, why would you want red turn signals anyway?

Quick Reply: switchback questions