Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Kill switch, how?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kill switch, how?

There's been a rash of car thefts (f-body's) lately where I live. I'd like to install a concealed kill-switch in the car.

Anyone know how to do it? Or know of a kit that can be purchased?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

what if they tow you???

towed my roomates stang, we were in the club for an hour and it was gone....he even had one of his coil wires with him in the club!!

moral of the story, if someone wants your car, they will get it. if you are that intrested get an aftermarket alarm with gps tracking ability.. e.g. matrix 3.5rs, or viper 791

jimmy

dont mean to come off as a jerk, just letting you know the facts, btw, where are you located?
Old 04-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jimmy 2 Times
what if they tow you???

towed my roomates stang, we were in the club for an hour and it was gone....he even had one of his coil wires with him in the club!!

moral of the story, if someone wants your car, they will get it. if you are that intrested get an aftermarket alarm with gps tracking ability.. e.g. matrix 3.5rs, or viper 791

jimmy

dont mean to come off as a jerk, just letting you know the facts, btw, where are you located?
South Florida, Weston specifically (near Ft. Lauderdale).

Thing is, most cars have been retrieved but gutted or missing stuff. True, if they really want, it they'll get it. I just want to make it harder to move by kids wanting stereos, speakers or aftermarket stuff...

I wouldn't think kids wanting money for a high aren't running around with towtrucks...

Any ideas somebody?
Old 04-29-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/starterkill.htm
Old 04-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks, dood. Just what I needed.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Would be kinda trick also if you have the S2000 start button and the kill switch in the driver window button...you put your key into the ignition, turn to on, hold driver window down button and then press the S2000 start button...it would feel like powering up a jet or something
Old 04-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Launching!

i have a s2000 start button and used a stock fog light switch as a kill switch. Looks like just another dash button but if it isnt on the car isnt starting.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skytower31
Would be kinda trick also if you have the S2000 start button and the kill switch in the driver window button...you put your key into the ignition, turn to on, hold driver window down button and then press the S2000 start button...it would feel like powering up a jet or something
got a write up for that?
Who has the link for the s2000 switch? I had it but I never wanted to mess with it on my current car...
getting a new SS so I wanna do this