Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone messed with the Pioneer AppRadio3 yet? SPH-DA110 and SPH-DA210

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone messed with the Pioneer AppRadio3 yet? SPH-DA110 and SPH-DA210

I'm looking at putting one of the new Pioneer AppRadio3's in my '01 SS. I'm looking at the SPH-DA110 instead of the 210 since I really dont need a DVD player seeing as all my movies are mp4, avi, and mkv. I am an Android man and should be able to mirror my phone image on the receiver. Has anyone messed with these radios yet? How do you like it? Pros/Cons? etc.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Teching In

yes I have. I just bought the AVIC-Z150BH and installed it in my 2001 camaro. I have a HTC EVO 4G LTE. It says on pioneers website that it is compatible however it jams my phone and turns the double din screen blue. I have arleady sent my radio back to pioneer for it to be fixed, but pioneer just sent it back without ever contacting me if the radio was faulty or if my phone was not compatible. Got it back and it still doesn't work. I'm extremely frustrated with pioneer. I would check to make sure that the phone you have is compatible.

here is a video of what it does

Old 07-31-2013, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

I didnt realize I had to subscribe to a thread I started...

Thanks for letting me know. I currently have an Atrix 2 which it shows to support, but havent actually heard from anyone thats tried using one. I love the concept, but am still leary of turning loose $500 on a HU and being dissatisfied with it. Wish there was some place I could go test it out first with my phone.

Have you looked at the Parrot Asteroid Smart? It seems to be a little more proprietary than the Pioneer one regarding their apps and stuff.

Quick Reply: Anyone messed with the Pioneer AppRadio3 yet? SPH-DA110 and SPH-DA210