Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Infinity 6032cf

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Infinity 6032cf

I know there are a few out there running these and my question is how did you connect them? Since the monsoon handles the signal filtering will I need to eliminate or bypass the crossover on the speaker itself?
And I know there are better or easier options but I got these for a steal and I don't mind a little extra work.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Gee, I have these Volkswagen fenders - I know they aren't the right ones for my car but I got them for a steal so how do I make them fit?

Three choices...
- install the speakers as is and connect only the wiring pair that originally went to the mid, giving up half the available power. DO NOT connect both OEM wire pairs to a single set of terminals.
- modify the speakers so that the built-in tweeter is electrically separated from the mid (cut the small leads going from the speaker terminals to the tweeter voice coil) then solder on a pair of wires so that the tweeter and mid can be separately connected like a component set.
- buy a coaxial mount component speaker set like CDTs.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I knew what my choices were but figured why take the same route as everyone else. In the end though I figure I have too much other stuff going on right now so I said screw it and am going with the CDT CL-6EX.

So I realized after the fact that I ordered the wrong speakers. That's what I get for doing these things late at night while trying to feed the baby..lol. I could have returned them but honestly I just hooked them up and since they're much better than the factory ones with deteriorated cones I'm happy.

Last edited by '00_Z; 08-11-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Infinity 6032cf