Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

KeeAudio Firebird Level 3 Premium Package?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default KeeAudio Firebird Level 3 Premium Package?

Anyone got this system in their car? Got a blown speaker and thought might as well upgrade the whole system. Looks good but want to make sure if you guys are happy with the system. My audio system is 100% stock ATM.

http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html
Old 08-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

For 100% stock system with no real plans to make significant changes, go with the Level 1 replacement speaker set (or the level 2 set if you keep it cranked up a lot). The extra $150 for the level 3 set buys you nothing unless you plan to change your head unit and possibly add aftermarket amplification. The factory head unit puts out so much distortion at extreme volume levels that it sounds like pure crap and will eventually destroy even the best speakers.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
For 100% stock system with no real plans to make significant changes, go with the Level 1 replacement speaker set (or the level 2 set if you keep it cranked up a lot). The extra $150 for the level 3 set buys you nothing unless you plan to change your head unit and possibly add aftermarket amplification. The factory head unit puts out so much distortion at extreme volume levels that it sounds like pure crap and will eventually destroy even the best speakers.
Don't think I'll be doing further upgrades anytime soon. The stock system had plenty of bass for me, and what you are suggesting sounds perfect for me
Old 08-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the replacement set idiot proof to install? haha

Quick Reply: KeeAudio Firebird Level 3 Premium Package?